The BioGENE Study:
What to expect during a BioGENE research slot:
- We will review consent forms and let you ask questions. We will help the participant get comfortable in the room.
- We will measure the participant's head and soak an EEG net for ~5-10 minutes. It only takes a few seconds to put on the net and make a few adjustments. Starting in August 2022, we will also be recording heart rate by placing stickers on the participant's chest.
- The participant will be able to watch our videos or can watch their own tablet or movies on mute. We will play different sounds and videos for ~20-30 minutes.
- We will give parents/caregivers a packet of surveys or questionnaires to complete. These can also be filled out before or after the session.
Upcoming research opportunities
- The B-RAD Lab was at the 5th Biennial SCN2A Family & Professional Conference in Boston, MA USA July 19-July 22, 2023. We saw 16 participants with SCN2A mutations -- including 11 participants that have already done the BioGENE Study!
- We are hoping to re-establish in-home research testing by early 2024 -- contact us below if you are interested in participating (or RE-participating!).