Research Integrity Group (RIG)
Where: In-person meetings @ IMB Conference room
Basic structure: Some monthly facilitators may opt to try alternative structures
RIG description: This monthly program is intended to enable researchers to meet the public health service and NIH requirements for training in responsible conduct of research, and consists of regular seminars. The goals of the RIG are to deepen understanding of ethical issues in research, help researchers to identify ethical issues in their own research, and enable them to formulate ethical solutions to those issues. We encourage faculty to invite their trainees and staff. Advanced students will be encouraged to lead discussions.
Spring 2023 Schedule: 2nd Mondays @ 3:30 pm
- January 9 @ 3:30 pm: Peer review
- We will discuss diversity implications in editorial decisions. We recommend reading Steven O. Roberts' psych archive paper ahead of our discussion.
- February 13 @ 3:30 pm: Responsible authorship
- March 13 @ 3:30 pm: Conflict of interest
- April 10 @ 3:30 pm: Data acquisition and ownership